Preparing for my Letting Go of Cutter Workshop involved reading a lot of advice from many experts. Most professional organizers spout the basic principals: let go - before organizing and only keep what you love, need and use. The philosophy given my Marie Kondo in her Magic of Tidying Up best selling book is --find the treasures and let go of the rest. A huge shift in deciding what to keep versus what to let go of.
Link to amazon description of the Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
Can not remember what expert shared the tip for letting go of clothing:
- Choose 3 adjectives to describe the clothing that you want to wear.
- Ask of each piece of clothing - does this fit what I want?
I want clothing that is comfortable, classic and fun. When trying on each item of clothing in my closet and dresser I asked:
- Is this comfortable? Is this classic? Is this fun?
- Easy to tell what was comfortable on and putting on.
- Some items were classic or fun, but not both.
- Remembering to ask before buying clothing if it fits my 3 adjectives.
Letting Go Releases Energy to Create a Life You Love.