Tuesday, May 12, 2015

RECOMMITMENT

What Does It Mean To Commit? 

To do something that is negative or harmful (commit a crime)

To make a promise to support resources for a purpose (commit ourselves to marriage or work)


3 Commitment Questions

  1. When we fall  out of commitment have we committed a crime? 
  2. When things change can continued commitment feel like punishment?  
  3. With all the internal and external change in our world do forever commitments make sense? 
Last year I made a commitment to blog at least 2 times a month.  Did OK for about 6 months. Not sure what happened - no big negative life event to blame my falling out of my commitment.  I just stopped blogging.  

Have heard: 
Setting a goal in our mind increases our chance of reaching the goal by 10%
Writing a clear goal (what by when) increase the change of success to 30%
Sharing this goal with others increases the probability of accomplishment to 60%

So ...  I am recommitting to:
Blogging at least 2 times a month for the next 4 months.  


A seasonal summer commitment feels lighter, more doable.  This promise to blog supports my intention to share my wisdom, experience and gifts more with others.  

Inviting ease, joy and abundance in stepping forward, out and up.   










No comments:

Post a Comment